Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Valentine Decorations

I normally don't decorate for holidays but my neighbor down the street has inspired me.  She decorates for every single holiday/occasion and her girls love it!  Also, blogland is filled with beautifully decorated mantels of love.  I couldn't resist.

To make the topiaries I "smushed" a gazillion little squares of tissue paper into syrofoam balls with a wooden skewer.  No glue just lots of poking.  It took forever but I kept on because I didn't want my kids to see me not finish what I started (-: 


While your smushing all of those squares, you might want to set up another craft for a certain someone since poking into styrofoam isn't easy for a 5 year old.  I found this wooden Love sign at Hobby Lobby.  It was supposed to be a frame but we took that part out of the O.  I was inspired by Erin's hearts I would show you a picture of the finished product but I don't have one.  But we will probably finish it soon since we are in the middle of an arctic blast here in Texas.


We are both at our best when we are crafting!



These things just make me happy.
Happy Valentines Day!

1 comment:

  1. Cute idea! I love valentines day... Saving some of these for next year!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...