Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Recipes on a ring






I use the same 4 recipes over and over again.  Hummus, scones, whole wheat waffles, and Malt-o-Meal Magic muffins.  I kept them tacked up in my spice cabinet and they were getting tattered and torn.  I figured laminating and putting them on a ring would make my life simpler.  But....I really, really wanted to create my own digital masterpieces using Picnik. Why? When they are closing down in a few weeks?  I don't know.  After an hour (or so) one Saturday morning trying to teach myself and downloading images that just didn't work, I gave up and headed on back to Skip to my Lou.  She had done it all for me.  I just typed in my recipes and sent them to print.                                       Back to simplicity.

Blogging has done this crazy thing to me.  I have put off so many projects and not bought so many things I like because I think I can make it on my own.   And I'm done with that for a while.  There are so many talented people out there that I should be encouraging and contributing to instead of not enjoying those things.    For example:

{via}

I have tried to get all the supplies to make my own necklace like this.  But I love Lisa Leonard and her blog so why not save up for the real deal?  And let's face it, mine wouldn't be sterling silver either.  

And another:
{via}

I've been toying around with creating my own grocery list template.  (Again with the digital masterpieces.)  Let's just say I'm giving in and letting the professionals take over.  Emily has awesome printables every month that I'm signing up for. 

There are many other things I have my eye on but I think you get the picture.  I feel a bit more free now to stay in the areas that I am good in and enjoy the beautiful works of others.  Now if I could just figure out what that area is!  But I won't stop learning and trying new things.  I'll just be doing it with a happier attitude.


So all this from a little recipes on a ring project!  Who knew?  I certainly didn't when I started out writing this post but I like how it's making me think.  

I'm off to get my hair done darker. 
 I think I may be a bit too influenced by the Hunger Games lately.

I hope you have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by.

Linking up to:

6 comments:

  1. I'm with ya girl! My problem is I just cant seem to find the time anymore to do these fun things. Instead of wasting the time I do have on making them, we should be using and enjoying them and spending the time with the people we love!

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Visiting you from 320 Sycamore party. I know what you mean, sometimes I get frustrated because there are so many creative people out there and I want to be and do creative things also. But I need to remind myself myself that there are things I'm good at and are creative at also. And the things that I'm not, can probably be bought by someone who is, right? Thanks!
    following you now.
    Becky @ www.small-n-simplethings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Becky! Maybe were all in the same boat? (-:

      Delete
  3. Isn't it funny how the exact same information in a different format can make such a difference? It's the small things.

    I love that you have a corkboard on the inside of your cabinet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely trying to appreciate the small things lately. It helps me to keep the bigger things from taking over! thanks for visiting!

      Delete
    2. Hi Kristen! This is a great idea~I have about 10 recipes I am always looking up and this would save a lot of time.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...