Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

How we grill fish for fish tacos

....or maybe the title should say how hubby grills fish.  It's no secret here that he is the cook so I asked him to help me post this.  Also, I don't really love fish but when I eat it in a taco,  I really like it.  I have never been a seafood fan but we know it's good for us so hubby tried and tried many kinds until I gave him the thumbs up to fresh steal head trout.  Turns out that cooking this kind of fish on a gas grill isn't rocket science and since he's taught me, I've even grilled it a few times on my own while he's been away.

Here are the not so high tech details:

(This recipe is for a one pound filet of steal head trout)  It feeds our family of four just fine when we make them into fish tacos.)

1.  Pre-heat grill on high


2.  Prepare fish by placing it skin down on a vegetable grill pan and spray it with a little olive oil.  





3.  Sprinkle it with the following seasonings lightly.


 ****This is where there are no pictures of the grill.  How do you take pictures when dinner time is crazy enough and everybody needs something?****
 4.  Before popping it in the grill turn it down to medium and scrape off any charred food from a previous cookout if needed.  Place the fish in the center of the grill without the baking sheet under it.  (We use it only for seasoning the fish and transporting to the grill).  Hang out and watch the temp turn to about 400 and then let it cook for 10 minutes.

5.  After 10 minutes check it.  The fish should look like this:

and a little pinky flaky in the middle.  If not, cook for only a few minutes more.  

The meat should fall right off of the skin.  See, easy.

To make them into fish tacos, we add our homemade salsa on top with a dollop of no fat greek yogurt in place of sour cream.  Enjoy! 




1 comment:

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...