Pages

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Gifts for kids to get them outside and moving!


1   2    3    4    5    6    7  

     This may be a little late but I put together this collage for Christmas gift ideas to get children outside and moving.  I think those stilts would be so much fun for an adult too!  

     After thinking about it for a while, I decided this year that I was going to attach little challenges with our outside gifts.  J-man is getting a new scooter and I think it would be fun for him to come up with obstacles courses using little cones or even drawn out with chalk.  I might even think about ramps because he's getting pretty good.  Roo is getting a bow and arrow set (help me!) because that is what she has wanted since summer camp.  Hitting the target will be an obstacle in itself, but I think it would be fun to do a kids against parents competition.  I've learned the hard way that creating competition between siblings is not the way to go.  Make it between the kids and the parents and there should be less fighting and hurt feelings. (emphasis on should) My kids are usually pretty good at keeping themselves busy but over the Christmas break they might need a little bit of friendly competition to hold their interest longer.
  
     What are some toys that your kids like to play with outside and do you have friendly competitions in your family?
  



0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...