Pages

Saturday, April 16, 2011

a little update and a new vehicle

Hi friends,
     I just wanted to post to let you know that I'm still here!  We have been enjoying some much needed time with Daddy.  Since both kids are in school my hubby and I have gotten to go on so many date days lately.  The first one was looking for a new truck!   Sadly, I had to trade in my beloved Highlander for him to get it.  We were growing out of it but still needed something that could pull our pop up trailer.   When we moved to the big city 3 years ago we had a diesel and the gas for it skyrocketed!  He quickly traded that in and bought a Honda Accord.  That is what I drive now and I kind of like driving a smaller car for right now.   It's weird how I get so attached to cars.  I cried when I had to sell my first car that I bought with my own money.  It took me everywhere in college.  And the other day I cried when we traded in our Highlander.  I drove my babies all over Texas in that thing.  So many memories but we are excited to make new ones in our truck. 
        It's actually costing us more money to have a truck.  On our second date day, we bought new outdoor furniture and loads of plants for our back yard retreat.  Our backyard is getting a bit of an overhaul and I can't wait to share it with you.  I've had so many ideas swimming around in my head lately but I've pushed them aside to play and hang out. 

sorry the pics are so blurry.  I'm still figuring out my iphone camera.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...