Pages

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Hi


Hi.  I've forgotten how much I like to blog.  I've missed the little exhilarating feeling of hitting the publish button.  I won't try and recap (for the hundredth time!), but like with a good friend that you haven't talked to in a while, I'll just start sharing.

This week was hard.  J-man got upper and lower appliances in his mouth on Monday.  Now starts our adventure with orthodontics.  He has taken it way better than me.  That night, with all the slobber in his mouth, he was making jokes about waking up in a pool of spit.  Me?  I would have been crying.  I told him that he makes me want to be better and his quick response that I didn't have to be meant the world to me.  I think it's a bit too early to celebrate getting them off?


A few months ago, I accepted a volunteer leading position at my church in outreach.  I was certain I got a clear answer to prayer about if I should do it or not.  But the next day, the doubts and fears took over!  I'm stretching and learning and praying like crazy.  I had another meeting with my pastor yesterday and I've realized that it's way more about the people that I will be serving and the church I'll be helping.  It's changing me and I'm not too sure how I feel about it!  His question to me was "Why do you feel like you have to do it all on your own?"  Um, because that's how I've always done it.   My independence comes with a fault sometimes.



But I've started a Beth Moore bible study focusing on the fruit of the spirit.  And I know that it will help with my new job.  If I take most of myself out of it and let Him do his work, all will be well.  I'm clinging to this and to my new group of friends that I know will be helping me along the way!

I'm also knee deep in house projects.  (Isn't this why I started this blog in the first place?)  We finished the music room (minus a few accessories) but it has left other rooms in shambles.  So I'm off to get them worked on!

{Yikes!}

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I want to subscribe for this website to obtain latest updates, therefore where
    can i do it please help out.

    my web page credit loan consolidation
    my page - consolidation direct loans

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...